On November 1, 2023 the 2nd REWIRE Greek Info Day was successfully held in an online event, co-organized by REWIRE project’s Greek partners, namely the Technical University of Crete, Akmi Metropolitan College, ReadLab, and LRQA Hellas. The participants reached 50, among which there were institutional stakeholders, representatives from the Industry and Academia. The main objective of this event was to introduce the REWIRE courses and provide relevant launch details. So, the event developed as shown in the following agenda:
- 11:00 – 11:10 Welcome – presentation of the agenda
- 11:10 – 11:20 Presentation of the REWIRE project, Andrius Bambalas, Mykolas Romeris University
- 11:20 – 11:30 Guest speaker presentations: “Play and Knowledge: how to create the next generation of Cybersecurity professionals through CTFs”, Dr. Ioannis Agrafiotis Cyber Security Expert at the European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA)
- 11:30 – 11:50 Presentation of the REWIRE Courses, Nefeli Papagiannacou, Akmi Metropolitan College
- 11:50 – 12:05 Q&A
- 12:05 – 12:15 Thank you note – Closure
The event presented the connection of the European Cybersecurity Skills Framework (ECSF) and the REWIRE project in a practical manner. Specifically, the upcoming courses and certification schemes developed by the REWIRE project were introduced and a call to all interested parties was made.
In the discussion that took place at the end of the event, the audience was able to address questions to the guest speaker, Dr. Ioannis Agrafiotis, as well as to everyone in the panel. The audience showed an avid interest in the information provided for the REWIRE project, the ECSF and the European Cybersecurity Challenge. Information was provided by the speakers during their presentation and also links were provided through the MS Teams platform. The actual links of the Virtual Learning Platform (VLE) for the REWIRE training courses were also provided. It was an opportunity to describe the courses and to engage audience prior to the launch of the VLE. To sum up, it was a very interesting event, with engaging presentations and discussions that certainly achieved its objectives.
Finally, it should be noted that since REWIRE aims also to create a network of interested parties, the connection to other projects, e.g. CyberSecPro project was presented to the audience, and the links to each project website and the social media pages were provided: